Terms Used In Vermont Statutes Title 9 Sec. 2470aa
- Consumer: means any person who purchases, leases, contracts for, or otherwise agrees to pay consideration for goods or services not for resale in the ordinary course of his or her trade or business but for his or her use or benefit or the use or benefit of a member of his or her household, or in connection with the operation of his or her household or a farm whether or not the farm is conducted as a trade or business, or a person who purchases, leases, contracts for, or otherwise agrees to pay consideration for goods or services not for resale in the ordinary course of his or her trade or business but for the use or benefit of his or her business or in connection with the operation of his or her business. See
- Seller: means a person regularly and principally engaged in a business of selling goods or services to consumers. See
- services: shall include any objects, wares, goods, commodities, work, labor, intangibles, courses of instruction or training, securities, bonds, debentures, stocks, real estate, or other property or services of any kind. See
§ 2470aa. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Billing information" means any data that enables a seller of a third-party discount membership program to access a consumer‘s credit or debit card, bank, or other account, but does not include the consumer’s name, e-mail address, telephone number, or mailing address. For credit card and debit card accounts, billing information includes the full account number, card type, and expiration date, and, if necessary, the security code. For accounts at a financial institution, "billing information" includes the full account number and routing number, and, if necessary, the name of the financial institution holding the account.
(2) A "third-party discount membership program" is a program that entitles consumers to receive discounts, rebates, rewards, or similar incentives on the purchase of goods or services or both, in whole or in part, from any third party. (Added 2011, No. 109 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. May 8, 2012; amended 2015, No. 128 (Adj. Sess.), § E.1.)