|§ 26.20.030||Family abandonment — Penalty — Exception|
|§ 26.20.035||Family nonsupport — Penalty — Exception|
|§ 26.20.071||Evidence — Spouse or domestic partner as witness|
|§ 26.20.080||Proof of wilfulness — Application of penalty provisions|
Terms Used In Washington Code > Chapter 26.20
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Extradition: The formal process of delivering an accused or convicted person from authorities in one state to authorities in another state.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may be construed to include the United States, this state, or any state or territory, or any public or private corporation or limited liability company, as well as an individual. See Washington Code 1.16.080
- Testify: Answer questions in court.