Any school board may elect to operate summer classes or to permit pupils to attend summer classes operated by another school district on a tuition basis if the school district of operation will accept them. Sections 118.15 and 118.16 shall not apply to summer classes. Every school board electing to operate summer classes:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 118.04
- Preceding: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next preceding that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Shall make rules governing attendance and cause them to be spread on the school board minutes.
(2) May accord to children living in the school district during the summer session the status of residents of the school district for the purpose of attendance at summer classes, even though the children were not regular residents of the school district during the preceding regular school session, but any such children who are not legal residents of the state shall not be counted in computing the state aid to which the school district is entitled.
(3) May permit children from another school district to attend summer classes upon payment of nonresident tuition.
(4) Shall not charge tuition for attendance at summer classes or interim session classes of pupils who are residents of the school district if the school board receives aid for such classes under s. 121.14 (1) (a). The school board may establish and collect reasonable fees for social, recreational, or extracurricular summer classes or interim session classes and programs which are neither credited toward graduation nor aided under s. 121.14.