(1) In this section, “automatic external defibrillator” has the meaning given in s. 440.01 (1) (ad).
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 118.076
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
(3) Beginning in the 2017-18 school year and subject to sub. (4), each school board operating any grade from 7 to 12, the operator of each charter school established under s. 118.40 (2r) or (2x) that operates any grade from 7 to 12, and the governing body of each private school that operates any grade from 7 to 12 shall do all of the following:
(a) Provide instruction in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and cardiocerebral resuscitation in any health education course offered to pupils in grades 7 to 12. The school board, operator of the charter school, or governing body of the private school shall use either of the following, and shall incorporate into the instruction the psychomotor skills necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and cardiocerebral resuscitation:
1. An instructional program developed by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
2. Nationally recognized, evidence-based guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and cardiocerebral resuscitation.
(b) Provide instruction about automated external defibrillators to pupils enrolled in grades 7 to 12 in the school district, charter school, or private school.
(a) In this subsection, a “virtual school” is a school in which all or a portion of the instruction is provided through means of the Internet, and the pupils enrolled in and instructional staff employed by the school are geographically remote from each other. “Virtual school” includes a virtual charter school.
(b) A virtual school need not provide any instruction required under sub. (3) in a manner that requires the pupils receiving the instruction and instructional staff providing the instruction to be together in the same geographical location. A virtual school may provide all of the instruction required under sub. (3) through the means of the Internet.