Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 440.982
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) No person may engage in the practice of midwifery unless the person is granted a license under this subchapter, is granted a temporary permit pursuant to a rule promulgated under s. 440.984 (2m), or is licensed as a nurse-midwife under s. 441.15.
(1m) Except as provided in sub. (2), the department may grant a license to a person under this subchapter if all of the following apply:
(a) The person submits an application for the license to the department on a form provided by the department.
(b) The person pays the initial credential fee determined by the department under s. 440.03 (9) (a).
(c) The person submits evidence satisfactory to the department of one of the following:
1. The person holds a valid certified professional midwife credential granted by the North American Registry of Midwives or a successor organization.
2. The person holds a valid certified nurse-midwife credential granted by the American College of Nurse Midwives or a successor organization.
(d) The person submits evidence satisfactory to the department that the person has current proficiency in the use of an automated external defibrillator achieved through instruction provided by an individual, organization, or institution of higher education approved under s. 46.03 (38) to provide such instruction.
(2) The department may not grant a license under this subchapter to any person who has been convicted of an offense under s. 940.22, 940.225, 944.06, 944.15, 944.17, 944.30 (1m), 944.31, 944.32, 944.33, 944.34, 948.02, 948.025, 948.051, 948.06, 948.07, 948.075, 948.08, 948.081, 948.09, 948.095, 948.10, 948.11, or 948.12 or under s. 940.302 (2) if s. 940.302 (2) (a) 1. b. applies.