Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 451.04
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Acupuncturist certificate required. No person may engage in the practice of acupuncture or use the title “acupuncturist” or any similar title unless the person is certified as an acupuncturist by the department.
(2) Acupuncturist certificate. The department shall grant an acupuncturist certificate to any individual who does all of the following:
(a) Submits an application for the certificate to the department on a form provided by the department.
(b) Pays the fee specified in s. 440.05 (1).
(c) Subject to ss. 111.321, 111.322 and 111.335, submits evidence satisfactory to the department that he or she does not have an arrest or conviction record.
(d) Subject to s. 451.08, submits evidence satisfactory to the department that he or she has completed a course of study and residency program in acupuncture that meets standards established by the department by rule.
(e) Subject to s. 451.08, passes an examination approved by the department to determine fitness as an acupuncturist.
(3) Posting of certificate. The department shall issue a certificate to each individual who satisfies the requirements in sub. (2) or s. 451.08, certifying that the holder is authorized to practice acupuncture in this state. The holder shall post the certificate in a conspicuous place in his or her place of business.
(4) Expiration and renewal. Renewal applications shall be submitted to the department on a form provided by the department on or before the applicable renewal date specified under s. 440.08 (2) (a) and shall include the applicable renewal fee determined by the department under s. 440.03 (9) (a).