Wisconsin Statutes > Chapter 939 > Subchapter II – Inchoate Crimes
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes > Chapter 939 > Subchapter II
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.