|Part 1||Attempt||76-4-101 – 76-4-102|
|Part 2||Criminal Conspiracy||76-4-201 – 76-4-204|
|Part 3||Exemptions and Restrictions||76-4-301 – 76-4-302|
|Part 4||Enticement of a Minor||76-4-401|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 76 > Chapter 4
- CDIP: means a commercial learner permit:
(a) issued under Section 53-3-408; or (b) issued by a state or other jurisdiction of domicile in compliance with the standards contained in 49 C. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- CDL: means a license:
(a) issued substantially in accordance with the requirements of Title XII, Pub. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Commercial motor vehicle: means a motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles designed or used to transport passengers or property if the motor vehicle:
(i) has a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds or a lesser rating as determined by federal regulation; (ii) is designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver; or (iii) is transporting hazardous materials and is required to be placarded in accordance with 49 C. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Conviction: means any of the following:
(a) an unvacated adjudication of guilt or a determination that a person has violated or failed to comply with the law in a court of original jurisdiction or an administrative proceeding; (b) an unvacated forfeiture of bail or collateral deposited to secure a person's appearance in court; (c) a plea of guilty or nolo contendere accepted by the court; (d) the payment of a fine or court costs; or (e) violation of a condition of release without bail, regardless of whether the penalty is rebated, suspended, or probated. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Division: means the Driver License Division of the department created in Section 53-3-103. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Drive: means :
(a) to operate or be in physical control of a motor vehicle upon a highway; and (b) in Subsections 53-3-414(1) through (3), Subsection 53-3-414(5), and Sections 53-3-417 and 53-3-418, the operation or physical control of a motor vehicle at any place within the state. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- driver: includes any person who is required to hold a CDL under Part 4, Uniform Commercial Driver License Act, or federal law. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Impaired person: means a person who has a mental, emotional, or nonstable physical disability or disease that may impair the person's ability to exercise reasonable and ordinary control at all times over a motor vehicle while driving on the highways. See Utah Code 53-3-302
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- License: means the privilege to drive a motor vehicle. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- License certificate: means the evidence of the privilege issued under this chapter to drive a motor vehicle. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Motor vehicle: means the same as that term is defined in Section 41-1a-102. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Owner: includes a person entitled to the use and possession of a vehicle subject to a security interest in another person but excludes a lessee under a lease not intended as security. See Utah Code 53-3-102
- Person: means :Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Vehicle: means every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See Utah Code 53-1-102
- CDL: means a license: