Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 13A > Chapter 4
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.