|§ 14941||Access to Convention records|
|§ 14942||Documents of other Convention countries|
|§ 14943||Authorization of appropriations; collection of fees|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 143 > Subchapter IV - Administration and Enforcement
- accrediting entity: means an entity designated under section 14922(a) of this title to accredit agencies and approve persons under subchapter II. See 42 USC 14902
- agency: means any person other than an individual. See 42 USC 14902
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Attorney General: means the Attorney General, acting through the Commissioner of Immigration and Naturalization. See 42 USC 14902
- central authority: means the entity designated as such by any Convention country under Article 6(1) of the Convention. See 42 USC 14902
- Convention: means the Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption, done at The Hague on May 29, 1993. See 42 USC 14902
- Convention adoption: means an adoption of a child resident in a foreign country party to the Convention by a United States citizen, or an adoption of a child resident in the United States by an individual residing in another Convention country. See 42 USC 14902
- Convention record: means any item, collection, or grouping of information contained in an electronic or physical document, an electronic collection of data, a photograph, an audio or video tape, or any other information storage medium of any type whatever that contains information about a specific past, current, or prospective Convention adoption (regardless of whether the adoption was made final) that has been preserved in accordance with section 14941(a) of this title by the Secretary of State or the Attorney General. See 42 USC 14902
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of State. See 42 USC 14902
- State: means the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and the Virgin Islands. See 42 USC 14902