|Article 5||Interstate Compact on Adoption Act|
|Article 10||Amendatory Provisions|
|Article 90||Severability; Nonacceleration; Effective Date|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 17
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Preliminary hearing: A hearing where the judge decides whether there is enough evidence to make the defendant have a trial.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.