If a child-support order issued by a tribunal of this state is modified by a tribunal of another state which assumed jurisdiction pursuant to the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act, a tribunal of this state:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 30-3D-612
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) may enforce its order that was modified only as to arrears and interest accruing before the modification;
(2) may provide appropriate relief for violations of its order which occurred before the effective date of the modification; and
(3) shall recognize the modifying order of the other state, upon registration, for the purpose of enforcement.