Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 13A > Chapter 6 > Article 8B - Alabama Human Trafficking Safe Harbor Act
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- commission: The citizens supervisory commission. See Alabama Code 45-37-121
- county: A county within the population class prescribed by this part. See Alabama Code 45-37-121
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Lineal descendant: Direct descendant of the same ancestors.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.