Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 13A > Chapter 8 > Article 3A
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- traffic sign: shall mean any traffic sign, traffic signal, warning sign, guideboard, milepost, road marker, emergency telephone sign, or any similar sign, signal, or device used by the state or any political subdivision of the state on the highways, roads, bridges, or streets of this state for the warning, instruction, or information of the public. See Alabama Code 13A-8-70