In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-1141
- Combination of vehicles: means a truck or truck tractor and semitrailer and any trailer that it tows but does not include a forklift designed for the purpose of loading or unloading the truck, trailer or semitrailer. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Trailer: means a vehicle that is with or without motive power, other than a pole trailer or single-axle tow dolly, that is designed for carrying persons or property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle and that is constructed so that no part of its weight rests on the towing vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
1. "Envelope" means the outermost dimensions of a load or vehicle to include width, height and length and the weight of the vehicle or its load.
2. "Envelope permit" means a permit issued by the department authorizing a person to transport property on the highways of this state pursuant to all applicable statutes and local ordinances and the terms listed on the permit.
3. "Power unit" means a vehicle that propels itself or tows a trailer or combination of vehicles on the highways of this state.