In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-1871
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
1. "Jurisdiction executive" means the governor of this state.
2. "Licensing authority" means the department.