The provisions of this article apply to all clinical laboratories and directors of clinical laboratories but do not apply to the following:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-461
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- laboratory: means any facility, agency, institution, medical office, health care institution, building, or place which provides through its ownership or operation facilities for the microbiological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological, cytologic, histologic, radiobioassay, cytogenetic, histocompatibility, pathological, toxicological or other examination of materials derived from the human body for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a disease or an impairment or the assessment of human health conditions or to determine the presence, absence or concentration of various substances in the body. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. Clinical laboratories operated, licensed or certified by the United States government.
2. Certain classes of clinical laboratories and types and categories of laboratory examinations exempted from licensure by the director by rule if the director determines that the exemptions will not adversely affect public health.
3. Laboratories operated and maintained solely for research or teaching purposes if the director provides for this exemption by rule and determines that the exemption will not adversely affect public health.