(a) “Advanced career opportunities for classroom teachers” means a compensation system developed jointly by the governing board of a school district and the exclusive representative of certificated employees for one or more of the schools in the district that may include the following components:
(1) Extended contract days.
Terms Used In California Education Code 44668
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(2) Additional pay for additional duties or responsibilities.
(3) Differentiated staffing.
(4) Additional pay for meeting contracted performance goals.
(b) Each Advanced Career Opportunity Program shall include the following components:
(1) Fair selection procedures for job enlargement activities.
(2) An evaluation procedure developed jointly by the governing board of the district and the exclusive representative of certificated employees that provides for periodic, fair, objective, and consistent evaluation of educator performance for purposes of placement and career advancement.
(3) A plan for the periodic review of the district’s Advanced Career Opportunity Program.
(Added by Stats. 1989, Ch. 1282, Sec. 1.)