As used in this article:
(a) “Local agency” means county, city, city and county, public district, or other public or municipal corporation.
Terms Used In California Government Code 53500
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
(b) “General obligation bonds” means bonds, warrants, notes or other evidence of indebtedness of a local agency payable, both principal and interest, from the proceeds of ad valorem taxes or ad valorem assessments which may be levied without limitation as to rate or amount upon property in the local agency subject to taxation or assessment.
(c) “Legislative body” means the legislative body of the local agency as defined in Section 53000.
(d) “Revenue-producing facility” means an improvement, works, system or facility furnishing or providing services or products for which the local agency is authorized to impose a charge.
(e) “Pledge” means pledge, assign, place a charge upon and place a lien upon.
(Added by Stats. 1961, Ch. 1157.)