(a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), no person, political subdivision of the state, or governmental agency shall operate a mobile service unit without first obtaining a license or an addition to existing licensure under this chapter unless exempt from licensure under Section 1206.
(b) Any person, political subdivision of the state, or governmental agency, that was operating a mobile unit as of January 1, 1994, may continue to operate the mobile unit only under the following conditions:
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 1765.125
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- mobile unit: means a special purpose commercial coach as defined in Section 18012. See California Government Code 11146.3
- Parent facility: means a health facility licensed pursuant to Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 1250) of Division 2, or a clinic licensed pursuant to Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 1200) of Division 2. See California Government Code 11146.3
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Education Code 24942
(1) The person, political subdivision of the state, or governmental agency shall apply to the state department for a mobile unit license, or an addition to existing licensure, via a request for licensure under this chapter by March 1, 1994.
(2) The person, political subdivision of the state, or governmental agency shall cease operating the mobile unit upon a final decision of the state department denying the application for licensure or addition to licensure under this chapter.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, after the initial licensure, or the initial approval of the addition to existing licensure of a parent facility, to operate a mobile service unit, the department shall not require that each site where the mobile unit operates be licensed or approved by the department unless the mobile unit will be operating outside of the proposed area or areas specified in the application pursuant to paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) of Section 1765.130.
(Amended by Stats. 2002, Ch. 111, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2003.)