|Chapter 1||General Provisions|
|Chapter 4||Modification of Boundaries, Assessments, Improvements, or Activities|
Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 18 > Part 6
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Attorney-in-fact: A person who, acting as an agent, is given written authorization by another person to transact business for him (her) out of court.
- Authority: means the Yolo County Transit Authority, a joint exercise of powers agency. See California Public Utilities Code 60002
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board of directors: means the Board of Directors of the Yolo County Transportation District. See California Public Utilities Code 60002
- Bylaws: as used in this part means the code or codes of rules used, adopted, or recognized for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name or names by which such rules are designated. See California Corporations Code 9150
- City: includes city and county and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Public Utilities Code 19
- conduit: includes ditches, pipe lines, and other means of diversion. See California Water Code 4001
- County: means the County of Yolo. See California Public Utilities Code 60002
- County: includes city and county. See California Water Code 14
- County: includes "city and county. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Public Utilities Code 18
- department: means the State Department of Health Services. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14062
- director: means the State Director of Health Services. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14061
- District: means the Yolo County Transportation District created by Section 60004. See California Public Utilities Code 60002
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Medi-Cal: means the California Medical Assistance Program. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14063
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: means any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, organization, limited liability company, or business trust. See California Streets and Highways Code 19
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Water Code 19
- Private admonition: as used in this article and in Article 3 (commencing with Section 44240) of Chapter 2, is a warning, in writing, to the applicant or credential holder that states in ordinary and concise language the act or omission of the applicant or credential holder and further states that repetition of such act or omission may result in denial, suspension, or revocation of the credential. See California Education Code 44438
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Signature: includes mark when the signer cannot write, such signer's name being written near the mark by a witness who writes his own name near the signer's name. See California Corporations Code 17
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 77
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Public Utilities Code 17
- surgical center: means a surgical clinic that is licensed under Section 1203 of the Health and Safety Code. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14132.1
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- water: includes the term "use of water. See California Water Code 1000