|Chapter 1||General Provisions|
Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 18 > Part 8 - MULTIFAMILY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS
- Activities: means , but is not limited to, all of the following:
California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Assessment: means a levy for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, installing, or maintaining improvements and promoting activities which will benefit the properties or businesses located within a multifamily improvement district. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Business: means all types of businesses, including, but not limited to, the operation of multifamily residential properties, retail stores, commercial properties, financial institutions, and professional offices. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- City: means a city, county, city and county, or an agency or entity created pursuant to the Joint Exercise of Powers Act, Article 1 (commencing with Section 6500) of Chapter 5 of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code, the public member agencies of which includes only cities, counties, or a city and county. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- City council: means the city council of a city or the board of supervisors of a county, or the agency, commission, or board created pursuant to a joint powers agreement and which is a city within the meaning of this part. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Clerk: means clerk of the legislative body. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Streets and Highways Code 22
- Construction: includes :
California Streets and Highways Code 29
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Water Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Public Utilities Code 18
- district: means a multifamily improvement district established pursuant to this part. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Improvement: means the acquisition, construction, installation, or maintenance of any tangible property with an estimated useful life of five years or more, including, but not limited to:
California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- maintenance: includes any of the following:
California Streets and Highways Code 27
- Non-navigable streams: as used in this article , means streams and washes in a county which are not declared by law to be navigable and which are not in fact navigable for commercial purposes. See California Water Code 8125
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- owner: means any person shown as the owner of land on the last equalized assessment roll or otherwise known to be the owner of land by the city council. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Person: means any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, organization, limited liability company, or business trust. See California Streets and Highways Code 19
- plan: means a proposal as described in Section 36713. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Property: means real property situated within a multifamily improvement district. See California Streets and Highways Code 36705
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Public Utilities Code 17
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.