When used in this chapter, the following words shall have the meaning herein defined. To the extent that the terms are not defined herein, the words are to have their commonly accepted meaning.
(1) ”Department” shall mean the Department of Health and Social Services.
(2) ”Facility” shall mean any facility required to be licensed under Chapters 10 and 11 of Title 16, including any such facility operated by or for the State.
(3) ”Person” shall mean a human being and, where appropriate, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a government or a governmental instrumentality.
(4) ”Provider” shall mean a person who is enrolled and who renders goods or services for which payment is made, in whole or in part, under a public assistance program.
(5) ”Public assistance program” shall mean the medical assistance program of the State.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 31 Sec. 1002
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307