Effective date: 2/25/2015
(1) Retail outlets or retail sales areas having fewer than 250 citrus trees in stock at any given time, are exempt from subsection 5B-62.020(2), F.A.C.
(2) The department will propagate and maintain pathogen-infected material for the purpose of testing or shoot-tip grafting. The department will also propagate and maintain citrus and citrus relatives for the purpose of rearing biological-control agents. Such plant material will be kept in enclosed structures on department-owned sites and destroyed when removed from the structure.
(3) Sites for dooryard citrus will be exempt from the nematode certification requirements.
(4) Nurseries producing citrus trees from cuttings or seed for the export trade or as boxed souvenirs shall be exempt from source tree registration as contained in Rule 5B-62.012, F.A.C., provided the cuttings come from a tree grown in a structure in accordance with Rule 5B-62.010, F.A.C., and the source tree has been tested annually and found free of citrus greening and severe strains of citrus tristeza virus. They shall not be exempt from annual testing fees.
(5) Registered tissue culture laboratories producing citrus in an approved lab environment shall be exempt from citrus nursery site approval as contained in Rule 5B-62.008, F.A.C. Tissue culture laboratories will also be exempt from the citrus nursery sanitation and structure requirements contained in Rules 5B-62.009 and 5B-62.010, F.A.C., provided the lab environment maintains standard operating procedures to minimize the spread of serious graft-transmissible diseases and other pathogens of citrus. This exemption only applies to plantlets maintained in the laboratory environment.
(6) Sites producing host plants of citrus greening as listed paragraph 5B-63.001(5)(a), F.A.C., (including Clausena spp., Murraya spp. and Severinia spp.) that are not in the genera Citrus, Poncirus, and Fortunella including any hybrids thereof will be required to be grown in an enclosed structure designed to deter citrus psyllids. Source plants for propagation must be certified free from citrus greening by the department.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 581.031(1), (3), (8), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. Law Implemented 570.07(2), (13), 581.031(1), (14), (17), (23), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. History—New 12-26-06, Amended 2-25-15.