Terms Used In Florida Statutes 316.75
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- school: includes all preelementary, elementary, secondary, and postsecondary schools. See Florida Statutes 400.9983
The Department of Transportation shall adopt uniform guidelines for the training of school crossing guards. Each local governmental entity administering a school crossing guard program shall provide a training program for school crossing guards according to the uniform guidelines. Successful completion of the training program shall be required of each school guard except:
(1) A person who received equivalent training during employment as a law enforcement officer.
(2) A person who receives less than $5,000 in annual compensation in a county with a population of less than 75,000.
(3) A student who serves in a school patrol.
School crossing guard training programs may be made available to nonpublic schools upon contract.