Terms Used In Florida Statutes 784.085
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(1) It is unlawful for any person, except a child as defined in this section, to knowingly cause or attempt to cause a child to come into contact with blood, seminal fluid, or urine or feces by throwing, tossing, projecting, or expelling such fluid or material.
(2) Any person, except a child as defined in this section, who violates this section commits battery of a child, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) As used in this section, the term “child” means a person under 18 years of age.