|§ 668.803||Prohibited acts|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 668 > Part V
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authorized user: means a director, officer, employee, third-party agent, contractor, or consultant of the owner, operator, or lessee of the protected computer or the owner of information stored in the protected computer if the director, officer, employee, third-party agent, contractor, or consultant is given express permission by the owner, operator, or lessee of the protected computer or by the owner of information stored in the protected computer to access the protected computer through a technological access barrier. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Business: means any trade or business regardless of its for-profit or not-for-profit status. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Capital: means shares, deposits, and equity. See Florida Statutes 657.002
- Computer: means an electronic, magnetic, optical, electrochemical, or other high-speed data processing device that performs logical, arithmetic, or storage functions and includes any data storage facility, data storage device, or communications facility directly related to, or operating in conjunction with, the device. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporate credit union: means any credit union organized pursuant to any state or federal act for the purpose of serving other credit unions. See Florida Statutes 657.002
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Credit union: means any cooperative society organized pursuant to this chapter. See Florida Statutes 657.002
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Deposits: means that portion of the money placed into the credit union by members on which interest may be paid. See Florida Statutes 657.002
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Equity: means undivided earnings, regular reserves, and other reserves. See Florida Statutes 657.002
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Harm: means any impairment to the integrity, access, or availability of data, programs, systems, or information. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Loss: means any of the following:(a) Any reasonable cost incurred by the owner, operator, or lessee of a protected computer or the owner of stored information, including the reasonable cost of conducting a damage assessment for harm associated with the violation and the reasonable cost for remediation efforts, such as restoring the data, programs, systems, or information to the condition it was in before the violation. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- political subdivision: include counties, cities, towns, villages, special tax school districts, special road and bridge districts, bridge districts, and all other districts in this state. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Protected computer: means a computer that is used in connection with the operation of a business and stores information, programs, or code in connection with the operation of the business in which the stored information, programs, or code can be accessed only by employing a technological access barrier. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Shares: means the money placed into the credit union by members on which dividends may be paid. See Florida Statutes 657.002
- Technological access barrier: means a password, security code, token, key fob, access device, or similar measure. See Florida Statutes 668.802
- Without authorization: means access to a protected computer by a person who:(a) Is not an authorized user;(b) Has stolen a technological access barrier of an authorized user; or(c) Circumvents a technological access barrier on a protected computer without the express or implied permission of the owner, operator, or lessee of the computer or the express or implied permission of the owner of information stored in the protected computer. See Florida Statutes 668.802