|§ 1354.02||Safe harbor requirements|
|§ 1354.03||Reasonable conformance|
|§ 1354.04||No private right of action|
Terms Used In Ohio Code > Chapter 1354
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Business: means any limited liability company, limited liability partnership, corporation, sole proprietorship, association, state institution of higher education as defined in section 3345. See Ohio Code 1354.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Covered entity: means a business that accesses, maintains, communicates, or processes personal information or restricted information in or through one or more systems, networks, or services located in or outside this state. See Ohio Code 1354.01
- Data breach: means unauthorized access to and acquisition of computerized data that compromises the security or confidentiality of personal information or restricted information owned by or licensed to a covered entity and that causes, reasonably is believed to have caused, or reasonably is believed will cause a material risk of identity theft or other fraud to person or property. See Ohio Code 1354.01
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Internet: means the international computer network of both federal and nonfederal interoperable packet switched data networks, including the graphical subnetwork known as the world wide web. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Property: means real and personal property. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Restricted information: means any information about an individual, other than personal information, that, alone or in combination with other information, including personal information, can be used to distinguish or trace the individual's identity or that is linked or linkable to an individual, if the information is not encrypted, redacted, or altered by any method or technology in such a manner that the information is unreadable, and the breach of which is likely to result in a material risk of identity theft or other fraud to person or property. See Ohio Code 1354.01
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
- state agency: except as otherwise provided in the title, means every organized body, office, or agency established by the laws of the state for the exercise of any function of state government. See Ohio Code 1.60
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- United States: includes all the states. See Ohio Code 1.59