Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 42 > Chapter 3.5
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- fraud: means but is not limited to a person:
Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- Human trafficking: means an offense described in sections 1 through 1. See Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- Human trafficking victim: means a person who is the victim of human trafficking. See Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Sexual conduct: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5