Terms Used In Iowa Code 173.6
- Board: means the Iowa state fair board as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- Convention: means the convention held each year, to elect members of the state fair board and conduct other business of the board, as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- district: means any of the six geographic regions established in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- District director: means a director of the Iowa state fair board who represents a state fair board district. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
The term of the president and vice president of the board shall be one year. A person shall not hold the office of president for more than three consecutive years, plus any portion of a year in which the person was first elected by the board to fill a vacancy.
A member of the board who is a district director shall serve a term of two years. The term of a district director shall begin following the adjournment of the convention at which the district director was elected and shall continue until a successor is elected and qualified as provided in this chapter.