1. The convention shall establish staggered terms of office for the elected directors. Notwithstanding section 173.6, the convention may establish terms of office for initial elected directors for more or less than two years.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 173.5
- Board: means the Iowa state fair board as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- Convention: means the convention held each year, to elect members of the state fair board and conduct other business of the board, as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- district: means any of the six geographic regions established in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Each year, the convention shall elect a successor to one of the two district directors whose term expires following the adjournment of the convention, as provided in section 173.4.
3. The Iowa state fair board shall present a financial report to the convention. The report is not required to include an audit, but shall provide an estimate of the accounts under the authority of the board.