1. Each registered voter resident within the proposed district shall have the right to cast a ballot at the election and a person shall not vote in any precinct but that of the person’s residence. Ballots at the election shall be in substantially the following form, to wit:
For Real Estate Improvement District ?Against Real Estate Improvement District ?
Terms Used In Iowa Code 358C.8
- Board: means the board of trustees of a real estate improvement district. See Iowa Code 358C.1
- District: means a real estate improvement district as created in this chapter. See Iowa Code 358C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Public improvement: includes the principal structures, works, component parts, and accessories of the facilities or systems specified in section 358C. See Iowa Code 358C.1
2. The board of supervisors shall cause a statement of the result of the election to be included in the records of the county auditor. If a majority of the votes cast upon the question of incorporation of the proposed district shall be in favor of the proposed district, the proposed district shall be deemed an organized real estate improvement district under this chapter and established as conducive to the public health, comfort, convenience, and welfare.
3. In the event the petition and order provide that any present or future owner of property within the district waives objection to annexation if the district has issued obligations or bonds for a public improvement and the annexing city assumes those obligations, the board of supervisors shall file a certified declaration of that provision and a legal description of all real estate in the district with the county recorder in each county in which the district is located.