1. If a person against whom a temporary order or final decree has been entered willfully disobeys the order or decree, the person may be cited and punished by the court for contempt and be committed to the county jail for a period of time not to exceed thirty days for each offense.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 598.23
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Iowa Code 4.1
- custody: means an award of the rights of legal custody of a minor child to a parent under which a parent has legal custodial rights and responsibilities toward the child. See Iowa Code 598.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The court may, as an alternative to punishment for contempt, make an order which, according to the subject matter of the order or decree involved, does the following:
a. Withholds income under the terms and conditions of chapter 252D.
b. Modifies visitation to compensate for lost visitation time or establishes joint custody for the child or transfers custody.
c. Directs the parties to provide contact with the child through a neutral party or neutral site or center.
d. Imposes sanctions or specific requirements or orders the parties to participate in mediation to enforce the joint custody provisions of the decree.