|§ 256C.2||Statewide preschool program for four-year-old children — purpose.|
|§ 256C.3||Preschool program requirements|
|§ 256C.4||Funding provisions — enrollment.|
|§ 256C.5||Funding formula|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 256C
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Approved local program: means a school district's program for four-year-old children approved by the department of education to provide high quality preschool instruction. See Iowa Code 256C.1
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of education. See Iowa Code 256C.1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Preschool program: means the statewide preschool program for four-year-old children created in accordance with this chapter. See Iowa Code 256C.1
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- School district approved to participate in the preschool program: means a school district that meets the school district requirements under section 256C. See Iowa Code 256C.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- State board: means the state board of education. See Iowa Code 256C.1
- week: means seven consecutive days. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1