As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings. [1991, c. 261, (NEW).]
1. Credit card. “Credit card” has the same meaning as “accepted credit card,” as defined in the Federal Truth in Lending Act, 15 United States Code, Section 1601 et seq.
[ 2011, c. 427, Pt. D, §16 (AMD) .]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 10 Sec. 1141
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Truth in Lending Act: The Truth in Lending Act is a federal law that requires lenders to provide standardized information so that borrowers can compare loan terms. In general, lenders must provide information on Source: OCC
- United States: includes territories and the District of Columbia. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
2. Credit card issuer. “Credit card issuer” has the same meaning as “card issuer,” as defined in the Federal Truth in Lending Act, 15 United States Code, Section 1601 et seq.
[ 2011, c. 427, Pt. D, §17 (AMD) .]
3. Provider of travel services. “Provider of travel services” means a person, firm or corporation engaged in the business of furnishing travel, transportation or vacation services.
[ 1991, c. 261, (NEW) .]
4. Travel agent. “Travel agent” means a person, firm, corporation, partnership or association, other than a common carrier as defined in Title 12, section 6001, subsection 8 or employee of a common carrier, that:
A. Is an officially appointed agent of a common carrier or is a member of a cruise lines association who operates exclusively as an agent for cruise lines in the sale of cruise travel products or services; and [1991, c. 261, (NEW).]
B. As a legal agent for a provider of travel services:
(1) Sells or offers for sale travel, transportation or vacation arrangements;
(2) Negotiates for travel, transportation or vacation services; or
(3) Professes to be by solicitation, advertisement or other means a seller, contractor or arranger for travel, transportation or vacation services. [1991, c. 261, (NEW).]
[ 1991, c. 261, (NEW) .]
1991, c. 261, (NEW). 2007, c. 273, Pt. C, §10 (AMD). 2007, c. 695, Pt. B, §2 (AMD). 2011, c. 427, Pt. D, §§16, 17 (AMD).