1. In any city not within a county where a child under the age of seventeen required to attend school under section 167.031 accumulates fifteen or more absences during any one school year, the child’s school district shall report such absences to the children’s division within ten business days of the fifteenth day of absence. Such notification, which shall be in written form and retained in the student’s school records, shall include:
(1) The student’s full name and parents’ or guardians’ full names;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 167.034
- Guardian: if used in a section in a context relating to property rights or obligations, means conservator of the estate as defined in Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) The addresses and phone numbers of the student and parents or guardians;
(3) The student’s date of birth and age;
(4) The student’s current school and grade level;
(5) The student’s current grades for all classes in which the student is enrolled; and
(6) The total number of days missed and specific days missed from school.
2. Upon receipt of a report of the absences of a child under this section, the children’s division shall notify the child’s parent or guardian that the child has accumulated fifteen or more absences and such report may be subject to the educational neglect provisions under section 210.145. The notification required under this section is required regardless of whether a student’s parent or guardian contacted the school and approved of the absences.