1. For purposes of this section, the following terms mean:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 167.132
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) “Receiving district”, a school district receiving transfer students under section 167.895;
(3) “Sending district”, a school district from which students are transferring to a receiving district or approved charter school, as allowed under section 167.895;
(4) “State adequacy target”, the same meaning given to the term under section 163.011.
2. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the tuition rate paid by a sending district to the receiving district or the receiving approved charter school for transfer students shall be the lesser of:
(1) The tuition rate set by the receiving district or the receiving approved charter school under the policy adopted in accordance with section 167.895; or
(2) The state adequacy target plus the average sum produced per child by the local tax effort above the state adequacy target of the sending district.