|§ 12.1-13-01||Disclosure of confidential information provided to government|
|§ 12.1-13-02||Speculating or wagering on official action or information|
|§ 12.1-13-03||Public servant’s interest in public contracts|
|§ 12.1-13-04||Impersonating officials|
Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 12.1-13
- action: means a bodily movement, whether voluntary or involuntary. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Government: means :
a. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Offense: means conduct for which a term of imprisonment or a fine is authorized by statute after conviction. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Official action: includes a decision, opinion, recommendation, vote, or other exercise of discretion by any government agency. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Political subdivision: as used in this title and in any statute outside this title which defines an offense means a county, city, school district, township, and any other local governmental entity created by law. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Public servant: as used in this title and in any statute outside this title which defines an offense means any officer or employee of government, including law enforcement officers, whether elected or appointed, and any person participating in the performance of a governmental function. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See North Dakota Code 1-01-33