Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 12.1-14
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Force: means physical action. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Individual: means a human being. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- thing of pecuniary value: means a thing of value in the form of money, tangible or intangible property, commercial interests, or anything else the primary significance of which is economic gain to the recipient. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04