Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 12.1-21
- Actor: includes , where relevant, a person guilty of an omission. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Bodily injury: means any impairment of physical condition, including physical pain. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Explosive: means gunpowders, powders used for blasting, all forms of high explosives, blasting materials, fuses (other than electric circuit breakers), detonators and other detonating agents, smokeless powders, and any chemical compounds, mechanical mixture, or other ingredients in such proportions, quantities, or packing that ignition by fire, by friction, by concussion, by percussion, or by detonation of the compound, or material, or any part thereof may cause an explosion. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Government: means :
a. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Offense: means conduct for which a term of imprisonment or a fine is authorized by statute after conviction. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Serious bodily injury: means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or which causes serious permanent disfigurement, unconsciousness, extreme pain, permanent loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ, a bone fracture, or impediment of air flow or blood flow to the brain or lungs. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49