(A) The state medical board shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119 of the Revised Code to implement and administer this chapter. In adopting the rules, the board shall take into consideration the guidelines adopted by the American college of radiology, the American society of radiologic technologists, and the American registry of radiologic technologists.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 4774.11
- Radiologist: means a physician who has successfully completed an approved radiology training program, as specified in the accreditation requirements that must be met to qualify as graduate medical education, as defined in section 4731. See Ohio Code 4774.01
- Radiologist assistant: means an individual who assists a radiologist in the care of radiology patients by engaging in any of the activities authorized under section 4774. See Ohio Code 4774.01
- Radiology: means the branch of medicine that deals with the use of radiation in diagnosis and treatment of disease or conditions. See Ohio Code 4774.01
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(B) The rules adopted under this section shall include all of the following:
(1) Standards and procedures for issuing and renewing licenses to practice as a radiologist assistant;
(2) Application fees for an initial or renewed license;
(3) Any additional radiologic procedures that radiologist assistants may perform pursuant to division (A)(5) of section 4774.08 of the Revised Code and the level of supervision that the supervising radiologist is required to provide pursuant to section 4774.10 of the Revised Code;
(4) Definitions of “general anesthesia,” “deep sedation,” “moderate sedation, “and “minimal sedation”;
(5) Any other standards and procedures the board considers necessary to govern the practice of radiologist assistants, the supervisory relationship between radiologist assistants and supervising radiologists, and the administration and enforcement of this chapter.