The authority of a board of county commissioners to acquire, construct, maintain, and operate sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities for a county sewer district in the territory of a municipal corporation, or a regional district established under Chapter 6119. of the Revised Code, that is in whole or in part within the county sewer district is the same as provided by law with respect to territory within a county sewer district that is wholly outside a municipal corporation or a regional district, subject to the following in the case of facilities within a municipal corporation:
Terms Used In Ohio Code 6117.04
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Drainage facilities: means storm sewers, force mains, pumping stations, and facilities for the treatment, disposal, impoundment, retention, control, or storage of waters; improvements of or for any channel, ditch, drain, floodway, or watercourse, including location, construction, reconstruction, reconditioning, widening, deepening, cleaning, removal of obstructions, straightening, boxing, culverting, tiling, filling, walling, arching, or change in course, location, or terminus; improvements of or for a river, creek, or run, including reinforcement of banks, enclosing, deepening, widening, straightening, removal of obstructions, or change in course, location, or terminus; facilities for the protection of lands from the overflow of water, including a levee, wall, embankment, jetty, dike, dam, sluice, revetment, reservoir, retention or holding basin, control gate, or breakwater; facilities for controlled drainage, regulation of stream flow, and protection of an outlet; the vacation of a ditch or drain; equipment and furnishings; and all required appurtenances and necessary real estate and interests in real estate. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- maintenance: means repairs, replacements, and similar actions that constitute and are payable as current operating expenses and that are required to restore sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities to, or to continue sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities in, good order and working condition, but does not include construction of permanent improvements. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- Prevention or replacement facilities: means vegetated swales or median strips, permeable pavement, trees and tree boxes, rain barrels and cisterns, rain gardens and filtration planters, vegetated roofs, wetlands, riparian buffers, and practices and structures that use or mimic natural processes to filter or reuse storm water. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- Property: means real and personal property. See Ohio Code 1.59
(A) The acquisition, construction, maintenance, and operation of the facilities shall first be authorized by an ordinance or resolution of the legislative authority of the municipal corporation.
(B) All road surfaces, curbs, sidewalks, sewers, water supply facilities, or other public improvements or property that may be disturbed or damaged by the construction of the facilities shall be replaced or restored within a reasonable time by the county, and the cost shall be treated as a part of the cost of the facilities.
(C) The municipal corporation, with the prior approval of or by agreement with the board, may make use of the facilities in accordance with rules established by the board and subject to any applicable requirements of the director of environmental protection.
Effective Date: 03-12-2001; 2008 HB562 09-22-2008 .