A county or other public agency contracting as provided in sections 6117.41 and 6117.42 of the Revised Code for the joint use of any sanitary or drainage facilities or any prevention or replacement facilities acquired or constructed, or to be acquired or constructed, by another public agency may provide for payment of the agreed compensation by the levy of taxes or special assessments or from sanitary sewer or drainage rates and charges, if and to the extent that the public agency is authorized by the laws governing it in the acquisition, construction, maintenance, or operation of the facilities to provide for payment of the costs in respect of which the compensation is due from those sources, and may issue or incur public obligations as provided by those laws and pay the debt charges on those obligations from those sources if and to the extent so authorized.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 6117.43
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Drainage facilities: means storm sewers, force mains, pumping stations, and facilities for the treatment, disposal, impoundment, retention, control, or storage of waters; improvements of or for any channel, ditch, drain, floodway, or watercourse, including location, construction, reconstruction, reconditioning, widening, deepening, cleaning, removal of obstructions, straightening, boxing, culverting, tiling, filling, walling, arching, or change in course, location, or terminus; improvements of or for a river, creek, or run, including reinforcement of banks, enclosing, deepening, widening, straightening, removal of obstructions, or change in course, location, or terminus; facilities for the protection of lands from the overflow of water, including a levee, wall, embankment, jetty, dike, dam, sluice, revetment, reservoir, retention or holding basin, control gate, or breakwater; facilities for controlled drainage, regulation of stream flow, and protection of an outlet; the vacation of a ditch or drain; equipment and furnishings; and all required appurtenances and necessary real estate and interests in real estate. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- maintenance: means repairs, replacements, and similar actions that constitute and are payable as current operating expenses and that are required to restore sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities to, or to continue sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities in, good order and working condition, but does not include construction of permanent improvements. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- Prevention or replacement facilities: means vegetated swales or median strips, permeable pavement, trees and tree boxes, rain barrels and cisterns, rain gardens and filtration planters, vegetated roofs, wetlands, riparian buffers, and practices and structures that use or mimic natural processes to filter or reuse storm water. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- Public agency: means a state and any agency or subdivision of a state, including a county, a municipal corporation, or other subdivision. See Ohio Code 6117.01
Effective Date: 03-12-2001; 2008 HB562 09-22-2008 .