Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code 76.001
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
In this chapter:
(1) “Donate” means to give without requiring anything of monetary value from the recipient.
(2) “Intentional misconduct” means conduct that the actor knows is harmful to the health or well-being of another person.
(3) “Nonprofit organization” means an incorporated or unincorporated organization that has been established and is operating for religious, charitable, or educational purposes and that does not distribute any of its income to its members, directors, or officers.
(4) “Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, organization, association, or governmental entity.
(5) “Gleaner” means a person who harvests for free distribution to the needy an agricultural crop that has been donated by the owner.