|§ 71.001||Applicability of Definitions|
|§ 71.0021||Dating Violence|
|§ 71.004||Family Violence|
|§ 71.006||Member of a Household|
|§ 71.007||Prosecuting Attorney|
Terms Used In Texas Family Code Chapter 71 - Definitions
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Effects: includes all personal property and all interest in that property. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005