Terms Used In Texas Government Code Chapter 447
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Effects: includes all personal property and all interest in that property. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005