Terms Used In Texas Property Code Chapter 80 - Ownership, Conservation, and Disposition of Property Loaned to Museum
- Court: means and includes:
(1) a county court in the exercise of its probate jurisdiction;
(2) a court created by statute and authorized to exercise original probate jurisdiction; and
(3) a district court exercising original probate jurisdiction in a contested matter. See Texas Estates Code 22.007
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Ward: means a person for whom a guardian has been appointed. See Texas Estates Code 22.033
- Week: means seven consecutive days. See Texas Government Code 311.005