, defense, or counterclaim
to an action based upon title to the property
to the rents or profits from the property shall be brought:
||not later than seven years after the act on which it is based; and
Terms Used In Utah Code 78B-2-207
- action: as used in this chapter includes counterclaims and cross-complaints and all other civil actions in which affirmative relief is sought. See Utah Code 78B-2-101
- counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
||by the ancestor, predecessor, or grantor of the person who owned or possessed the property for seven years before the act in Subsection (1) took place.
Renumbered and Amended by Chapter 3, 2008 General Session