Terms Used In Vermont Statutes Title 19 Sec. 2305
- Agency: means the Agency of Transportation. See
- Bicycle: means every pedal-driven device propelled by human power having two or more wheels on which a person may ride, including a so-called pedal vehicle which may have an enclosed cab. See
- gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
§ 2305. Agency powers and duties
(1) may acquire, in accordance with the procedures of 19 V.S.A. chapter 5 or by gift, any real property or interest in real property that shall be necessary or appropriate for the development of bicycle routes;
(2) shall assist and cooperate with regional planning commissions, municipal governments, other state agencies, and citizens’ groups in the development and construction of local and regional bicycle projects and in the application for any funds available for these projects. (Added 1985, No. 269 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1993, No. 61, § 18, eff. June 3, 1993; 1997, No. 38, § 16, eff. May 28, 1997.)