Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 50.135
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Facility: means a nursing home or community-based residential facility. See Wisconsin Statutes 50.01
- Nursing home: means a place where 5 or more persons who are not related to the operator or administrator reside, receive care or treatment and, because of their mental or physical condition, require access to 24-hour nursing services, including limited nursing care, intermediate level nursing care and skilled nursing services. See Wisconsin Statutes 50.01
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Definition. In this section, “inpatient health care facility” means any hospital, nursing home, county home, county mental hospital or other place licensed or approved by the department under ss. 49.70, 49.71, 49.72, 50.02, 50.03, 50.35, 51.08 and 51.09, but does not include community-based residential facilities.
(a) The annual fee for any inpatient health care facility except a nursing home is $18 per bed, based on the number of beds for which the facility is licensed. The annual fee for any nursing home is $6 per bed, based on the number of beds for which the nursing home is licensed. This fee shall be paid to the department on or before October 1 for the ensuing year. Each new inpatient health care facility shall pay this fee no later than 30 days before it opens.
(b) Any inpatient health care facility that fails to pay its fee on or before the date specified in par. (a) shall pay an additional fee of $10 per day for every day after the deadline.
(c) The fees collected under par. (a) shall be credited to the appropriation account under s. 20.435 (6) (jm) for licensing, review and certifying activities.
(3) Exemption. The inpatient health care facilities under ss. 45.50, 48.62, 51.05, 51.06, 233.40, 233.41, 233.42 and 252.10 are exempt from this section.